Friday 20 January 2012

Research into a Potential Target Audience

Q magazine reader profile:
Q's audience is composed of passionate, engaged and open minded music fans driven to continually discover new music - and to use this lust for discovery to influence their friends. The audience is split 75% male to 25% female and is affluent (with 68% ABC1). 
http://www.bauermedia.co.uk/Brands/Q/
20/1/12


http://magazines.bauermediaadvertising.com/magazines/detail/Q
20/1/12


NME reader profile:


http://www.nme.com/mediapack/pdf/nme_media_information_full.pdf
20/1/12


The audience which my magazine would be targeted at are relatively young readers (16-24 year olds) who are passionate about many types of music genres and music which is currently in the UK charts at the time. However the magazine will also have a section of it aimed at audiences who enjoy discovering new artists who are unsigned and relatively unknown. The magazine will typically be aiming at the female gender because of the magazines large pop slant. I am targeting this group as there isn't many UK magazines which focus on an audience who enjoy a number of music genres not just one specific one, also most UK magazines such as Q are mainly targeting the male population so my magazine will be aiming at the audience who haven't got a product designed for them. 


How will this affect the content of my magazine?


This will affect the content of my magazine in a number of ways. For example as my magazine is targeting a younger audience of 16-24 year olds I will have to use younger models who my audience will be able to relate to. The magazine will also have to be designed in a much more feminine way as the audience it is targeting is females. The language of my magazine will be less formal than that used in magazines I have analysed such as Q as this is targeting a generally older audience than my magazine will be. The price of my magazine will have to be considered also, as my audience is generally quite young they are more likely to be students and therefore will have less money to spend on things such as magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment