Thursday 9 February 2012

Evidence Of Costume Organisation

This is the style of outfit that my cover model will be wearing:
I have chosen an outfit like this as I feel that it represents the type of artist on the cover. It is very feminine as shown by the pink and the sparkles matching to the pop artist on the cover, however it is also not plain, the sparkles on the top of the dress are quite bold and will catch the readers eye which is something that I aim for. It again targets the female audience I want quite well however it will also be appealing to males as they may find the model attractive in this outfit and it will catch their attention therefore making them want to buy the magazine and read about the artist. It will also fit with the colour scheme on the page of white and blank, it will stand out and look visually interesting to the reader. I feel this outfit will also match the glamorous style of the artist and represent her well. The make up and hair styling of this model will be matching the femininity of the outfit, very soft and quite natural with feminine colours used like pink. 






This is the style of shirt that the male model will be wearing on my contents page, he is only going to be shown from a mid shot so the reader won't be able to see the rest of his outfit. I chose this shirt as I feel it is quite mainstream and simple, matching the artists house music genre which isn't overly theatrical, mostly focusing on music so I want this artist to be styled to represent that well. 






















This is the dress that my model on my contents page will be wearing. I have chosen an outfit like this as it will contrast well with the simple colour scheme that is on that page of black and white. It also makes the artist again seem very feminine however not completely as the red adds excitement to the artist matching the type of dramatic artist that she is. It suggests to the reader that the artist has somewhat of an edge about her and is very theatrical and enjoys big performances. The sparkles on the dress will also entice the reader as it will stand out on the page. The model's make up will consist of quite dark eyes and red lips, again to reduce the artist looking too sweet and girly. This will appeal to the male readers as well as female readers because of the sexuality of the styling. 


This is the outfit that will be appearing on my double page spread. I chose this as it works well with the femininity of the pose that my model will be doing and it also works well with the colour scheme on the page. It matches the artists feminine pop style of music that she produces. This style of music will make the artist look very graceful and not overly theatrical which is what I want as I want her to be a role model to the younger readers. The styling of hair and make up will stand out a bit more because of the simpleness of the outfit, eye make up will quite heavy so that they stand out and the artist doesn't look too boring and hair will be quite big and will be curled

No comments:

Post a Comment